Being objectified kind of feels good when you're not used to being thought of in that sense. It can boost your confidence and make you feel better about yourself. Sometimes we all need to feel wanted. However, when it's something that isn't foreign to you and happens all the time, it becomes annoying and hard to appreciate. Being thought of in a sexual way lets you know that someone finds you attractive. I've always taken it in the sense of someone wanting to have sex with me. In my experiences of being objectified it has always just been sexual. Nothing more. Is it too much to want to be thought about beyond the outer appearance? Being made to feel like a piece of meat (personally) doesn't make me feel that hot all the time. I would rather be wanted for what's inside of my head than how my body looks. Being attracted to someone and looking at them as a sexual object is two different things. When you only come across guys that think of you as a sexual object you kind of think about how you're coming off to others. I look at myself and think about what it is that might be the cause of others to think about me in that way. It can be frustrating when you don't see what it is that draws that kind of attention to you. To me it seems like I'm wanting too much at the moment. I would like to find someone that is just as into my personality, intelligence and interests as they are to my appearance. Not asking to jump into a relationship but exploring the idea of dating shouldn't be a lot to ask for.

No comments:
Post a Comment