Sunday, October 28, 2012

What is Love?

love/ləv/

Noun:
An intense feeling of deep affection
Verb:
Feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to (someone): "do you love me?".
Synonyms:
noun.  affection - fondness - darling - passion
verb.  like - be fond of - fancy - adore

That's the definition of love and there's so much more to it as well. Is that what you're looking for? Most people don't know what exactly love is and the others just don't care. In most cases in the gay world that's true. Where one maybe looking for love the other is more than likely only looking to love what's in your pants. It's sad that what may have seemed to be a relationship to you was just convenient for the other person to get their 'needs' fulfilled until they moved on to someone else. It seems so easy for people to talk about sex and to ask for it, but going on a date or just getting to know someone is weird in the eyes of most of my peers. Love is lost. Everyone has in their head what they want, but in most cases their actions don't show that that's what they need or that they just aren't ready for it.

SEX
It seems to be the only thing that anyone wants now a days. For most it trumps any romantic gesture or meaningful thing that one might do for another. Is romance truly just a thing of the past? Personally I think romance adds to the whole sexual experience. Sex is good but it is so much better when you are connected in ways that are more than physical. Go on a date and let it build up to that page. Sexual pleasure is a quick orgasm and the journey to that release. When there is a connection or attraction beyond the physical there is more than just the pleasure that you're getting by being stimulated sexually. Your mind and body are being stimulated. Chances are when you finish you'll want to carry on or leave if it's just a hookup. Being attracted to someone beyond the physical leaves much more to be desired sexually, and mentally.You'll want to see them again. So why settle for empty sex when it can be so much more than that.

How Do You Love?
I can't tell you how many times I have gone into a situation with a guy thinking that I'd get all that I put into something in return. I've never been more wrong in my life.  Because of how I am when I love someone I personally don't expect all of the same actions in return so I won't be let down or disappointed. That's just a defense mechanism that I have. My characteristics of being a good friend indicate to me that I'd be a good boyfriend (IN MY OPINION). When I come to love someone or fall in love, I'm all in. Anything I can do for that person is done without question. Feelings can sometimes be scary. Sometimes you can surprise or scare yourself when thinking about how much you feel for someone. Knowing how the other person feels is imperative! Being aware of how they feel for you can kind of give you a sign on whether you need to slow your roll or if it's too much for you to handle if you're not ready for that. All in all I think you should know how you would love, what you are willing to do for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment